Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 77

Nocturnal electricians. Today was pretty slow remodel-wise, unless you count me leaving nasty voicemails about unfinished details. Getting back to work for fairly slow too, as I recover from two weeks of 10-12 hour days.

The only real remaining issues are electrical, and we haven't been able to pin down our electrician. The pendants, the dining room lights, undercabinet lighting, the dishwasher, the microwave and even the outlets in our bedroom are all awaiting his return (under cover of darkness, of course).

Anyway, I have left a few pointed messages over the weekend, and he waits until I'm on my way out at 7:00pm to say he wants to come by. DeeDee works late on Tuesdays and isn't even home yet. So I dump the problem on here and continue on my appointed rounds.

Coming home at 10:30, I find her and a friend confused in the living room and banging and sawing coming from the kitchen. Turns out that he came at around 9:00, moved a light fixture box six inches (because in all the shifting it would have been in the path of a cabinet door) and nothing else. Since we were looking to turn in, we shuffled him out with promises to return on Thursday-- during the day no less! Nothing seems time consuming but there is still a lot on his plate, and I for one would like to see the dishwasher working again.

So we wait in hope for the return of our shadowy master of electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment