Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 75

Through the ringer and out the other side. The last couple weeks are a blur of work and travel and occasional outbursts of home-improvement. I had to go to Texas last week for a client's conference and the preparations went a little crazy. The on-site stuff wasn't much easier, but since I'm paid by the hour I guess I shouldn't complain.

I got back in time to see freshly installed countertops in all their glittery glory. Deedle said they were in and out in just a couple hours and they look sweet. Jovan and his trusty sidekick Sergio swept in to finish off handles, pulls, plumbing and about 3,000 miscellaneous tasks.

At some point they left, and I collapsed into a heap.

Jovan was flying solo on Saturday and I was back in deadline mode. He was knocking down tiny jobs like a man who thought there was a check in his future. Unfortunately, I had to make the drive of shame to the Fedex at O'Hare and he left without it. There was definitely some hurry in these last buts, but all in all the guy has been a hero.

Sunday was not quite reality for me. Deedle was in a planting frenzy, converting the ghetto slab behind the condo into floritopia. I did what I could to put our rooms back to their original function. If nothing else, the coffee pot returned to its place of honor in the kitchen.

I guess the rest is up to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment